You may have heard a lot about GDPR in the news. This stands for The General Data Protection Regulation. This is a piece of legislation which will determine how people’s personal data is processed and kept safe, and the legal rights individuals have in relation to their own data.
Personal data means information that can identify a living individual.
The Privacy Statement
This statement allows pupils and parents to understand these six points:
- Contact details of the school and the Data Protection Officer
- What personal information the school processes
- Why the school processes the personal data
- With whom the persoanl data is shared
- How personal data will be stored
- The rights of the individual